The Kids

The Kids
Ready To Learn

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Multiplication by Noah

Multiplication is hard.  There is a whole lot to remember.  It's like 1x1 is 1, 2x1 is 2.  If you have a problem like 4x2, then that just means you have 4 sets of 2 or 2 sets of 4.  So, you just add the sets and then you have the answer.  I don't have them all memorized yet but doing the sets really helps me learn them.  Mom gives us things she calls manipulatives like beans and stuff to help us work our problems.  Today we used marshmallows.  That was the best manipulative of all :)  I know it is going to get easier the more I practice.  Mom says we will always need to know multiplication even if we aren't bankers or something.  Mom uses multiplication all the time.  So I guess I have to learn it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment